Sunday, April 5, 2009

Deals, Deals, Deals!

Okay, it's Sunday night and it's time for the Deals of the Week! Let me first start by saying a few things...

1. God is good...if you treat your money like it is His (which it is), He is going to take care of you! Andy and I have been very, very careful with our budget this year, in order to be able to give more back to God. You know, you can never outgive God. If you don't currently tithe (give 10% of your income) and give offerings (gifts over and above your 10%), then I'm going to challenge you to do that. God says He will provide for us and that if we give, He will take care of our needs. Now, I'm not saying if you put a check in the plate that you're going to get a new Mercedes and the Publisher's Clearing House van is going to show up at your door....I don't expect the Cadillac dealership to drive up and give us our car back...BUT, God says He will supply ALL of your needs, according to His riches in glory...so try it out! God has been amazing to us, throughout our marriage - how many of you reading this can say you've never actually had to write a rent check? We've saved money we've gotten as gifts, we've worked for our rent, we received generous gifts from our parents and family, we've done all kinds of things, we live in our business we pay for, but NEVER have we ever had to write a rent or mortgage check! Thanks to generous family members on both sides for allowing God to use you to supply our needs for the last NINE years! God is good and has been amazingly good to us in recent days and we just want to praise Him for that! Thank you Lord for supplying our needs and being so wonderful to love us. You are the creator of the universe, You WERE, before there WAS anything. You are the Beginning and the End and YOU care enough to supply our needs! Amazing!

Okay, back to the deals now...thanks for hanging on there with me through my Praisefest! Next on the list of things to tell you....
2. BUY a Sunday paper or two. If it's too late, go to the newspaper office and pick one or two up. In the Champaign paper, there are 4 sets of coupons today and there are some GOOD coupons!

Disclaimer: Before you go out and buy all of these things, please see my original post from last Sunday...it's silly to go to multiple stores - SO-price match, use coupons, go to Wal-Mart! It's going to save you money!

Drumroll please.......here are the deals of the week!
1. Strawberries are 3 for $4 at Meijer's (1 lb containers)
2. Coke 12 packs are 4 for $10 at Meijer's
3, Nabisco Triscuits or Wheat Thins are 3/$5 at Meijer's (7.5-10 0z)
4. Milk is $1.99/gallon at Meijer's
5. One dozen eggs are $0.88 at Meijer's
6. Coke 2 Liters are $1 at Dollar Store
7. Oreos and Chips Ahoy are 2 for $4 at Dollar Store
8. Cheerios are 2 for $4 at Dollar Store
9. All DVDs are on sale at Toys R Us, Buy 1, Get 1 Half off (athough Walmart does not honor Buy One Get One Sales) Some games, blocks and toys are also Buy One Get One 1/2 Off, too.
10. Step 2 Neighborhood Wagon is on sale for $39.99 at Toys R Us (Normally $70). This wagon has 2 seats, seatbelts, and cup holders...it's very nice!

Wal-Mart also has some AMAZING deals this week...Philadelphia Cream Cheese is $0.89 per package. That's a really good deal! I don't list Wal-Marts prices because I shop there and know that's where I can save the most money...I just compare everyone else's prices to theirs.

So, this week, I did list some non-food items, but it's almost Easter and the Easter Bunny comes to our house....so I had to add some toys. We already have a wagon, but it was such a good deal that I couldn't resisit putting it in in case any of the rest of you needed it.

A LOT of you don't live where there is a Meijer's, but there might be a Kroger, Save A Lot, Aldi, Piggly Wiggly, whatever...just get their sale bill and compare it with Wal-Mart's. Wal-Mart will match the competition's ad! Try it and you will get GREAT satisfaction knowing that you just saved that money and all you had to do was tell them about the sale.

Happy Shopping and Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. So, I am also a coupon junkie and am always looking for ways to save money. I usually buy generic, but like you Misty, there are just some things that you can't substitute.

    Here are my top ten steals of the week:
    1. $0.79lb. Ham Shank portion at IGA
    2. 50% off McCormick Spices at IGA (plus $1 off coupon in Sunday's paper)
    3. 2/$3 Kraft Salad Dressings at IGA
    4. $1.99 Lays Potato Chips at County Market
    5. $0.69lb yams at County Market
    6. $1.22 C&H brown sugar at County Market ($0.30 coupon in Sun. paper)
    7. BO/GO 50% off Covergirl Makeup at Walgreens ($1 off coupon in Sun. paper)
    8. BO/GO 50% off Curel lotion at Walgreens ($1 off coupon in Sun. paper)
    9. 319 Pooh Stickers for $1.99 at Walgreens (My 21 mo. old loves stickers and it's Easter Basket time)
    10. $9.88 8-giant rolls Bounty paper towels at Pamida
    11. I know I said 10 but...$1.99 bag on select Hershey Easter candy at Target. (can't forget chocolate for those Easter baskets)

    I have a Walgreens right next to Walmart, so it's not a big deal to stop. What I can't price match, my husband picks up on his way home from work. Otherwise it's Walmart and Aldi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I could not find my IGA or my Pamida ad this week...I set them aside, but one of the kids must have picked them up. That's hilarious that you posted stuff from there. Also, I don't get the County Market ad, so please tell me what the good deals are each week there! I try to buy store brands as much as I can, but sometimes I just can't. Good tips, Jenny! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete