Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Ryan, Babies Don't Have Tongues!"

Yes, you read "Baby Katie" and you might be wondering who she is! Well, Andy and I are expecting our third (and final) baby in May. I am 25 weeks pregnant with Katherine Brooke Appleby, aka "Katie". I have been pretty sick throughout the entire pregnancy. I spent the first 4 1/2 months laying on the couch, vomiting, room spinning and sleeping. I DID NOT enjoy that, and I don't think the rest of the family did either. I was put on medicine to help with the nausea, but they say a pregnant mother knows best and I knew it was not helping. About a month ago, I got off the medicine and haven't vomited since. I knew the medicine was just making it worse, but the doctors didn't think that could be the case.

I am still having periods of dizziness and fainting, so I've started some new vitamins, incuding Iron, which have really helped my energy level.

I can certainly say that I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of Katie Brooke. Not just to have our new baby, but to FEEL better!!!

Molly and Ryan are very excited about her arrival. Ryan wants to name her Captian America and Molly just wants to boss her around! We'll see how this all pans out. Ryan's wondering why he can't breast feed Katie and Molly explained to him that only girls could breast feed and she was going to do it!!!

Here's another baby discussion between Molly and Ryan. Ryan walked up to Andy and licked his leg (like a kitten would do). Andy asked Ryan, "Why did you do that?" Ryan said, "Because I'm a baby!" (I guess like a kitten???) Molly looked at Ryan and exclaimed, "RYAN!!! Babies don't have tongues!!!" I guess because babies don't have teeth, she assumed that they didn't have tongues either! She thinks she's an expert on everything, so it's going to be very interesting to see what these two come up with when it's time to start teaching her things.

Nonetheless, we know that children are a gift from God. I was very sick with Molly and Ryan and they were definitely worth every second of sickness! They are my joy and light in life and make me laugh everyday. I can't wait to experience that times 3!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment