Friday, September 3, 2010

Applebyisms of Summer 2010

Okay, so most of you know that I am the mommy to 3 kids; Molly, who is 4, Ryan, who is 3 and Katie who is 3 months. As you can imagine, I hear lots of funny things. Great stories, mispronunciation of words, etc. After sharing some of my stories on Facebook, someone told me that I needed to write all these things down so I could remember them forever. So, without hesitation, I'm going to share some of my favorite "Applebyisms" of the summer of 2010 with you.

  • Today, we went to the park and Ryan and Molly both wanted to bring stuffed animals with them. Molly's stuffed animal usually makes a lot of noise and gets in trouble when she rides in the car with us. They begged and begged to bring stuffed animals today so I said, "Only if they behave in the car" to which Ryan replied, "I will Be a Have!".
  • Another story from today... I told Molly and Ryan that we would do something fun after Molly got out of school this afternoon. On the way to school, Molly asked me if we were going to go on a train ride, to which I said no. Then she enthusiastically asked me if we could dig through a dumpster! REALLY?!?! I am the queen of clean and I don't even know where she'd get such an idea, but she thought it was funny.
  • August 31, 2010: Laugh for the day - I just told Ryan we had to go to the Crematory and he said, "Oh good!". "I was wanting some icecream!"
  • August 25, 2010: Last night Molly wrote and performed a new song for us. It goes "Love your family, spin around, rock and roll Jesus, rock and roll". I'm pretty sure it's not going to make it into the next edition of the Baptist Hymnal!
  • August 16, 2010: For Pre-K, Molly needed a backpack, paper towels, kleenex and napkins. On Molly's school supply list (which she made up) was a notebook that had a schedule in it (which she's sure Mrs. Harbaugh will want to use), 2 flash drives and a calculator! That's my girl...always prepared! And she's got her outfits picked out for the rest of the week!
  • July 30, 2010: Yesterday we were in the car and Molly told Ryan that she was excited for Preschool, but she's never going to Kindergarten and I asked why and she said, "Because I heard when you get to Kindergarten, your teeth start falling out." She didn't realize that you were supposed to lose teeth!!!
  • July 2010: Molly, thinking she is the smartest child to ever live, asked Ryan this: "Do you have Jesus' heart?" Ryan said, "NO!" She said, "You better get it! If you don't, you're going to go to a real place called Hell and there's a lake of fire!" Seriously, she asks me random questions every now and then about the Bible and I don't lie to her. She just put them together and came up with the best thing she could. I love it that she asked him if he had Jesus' heart!
  • June 16, 2010: I was just in the van with Molly and Ryan on the way home from the library. Ryan said that someone hit him and Molly's response was: "It's okay, we're all sinners!" LOL!
  • And, the best story of the summer is this: If you ask Ryan what Katie's favorite food is, he says "Boooosom!" So, earlier this summer we were at Wal-Mart and Katie was crying and the checker was trying to talk sweet to her and Ryan said, "It's okay, it's just Booosom Time!"

I hope you got a good laugh out of some of these stories! I know they make me laugh everyday. Having children is always stressful, but at least God lets us have fun with them! If I didn't laugh sometimes, I'd cry. I'm so thankful for the laughter!

2 comments: